Introduction to Binance
Binance is an exchange where you can buy, sell, and trade crypto. Founded back in July 2017 to help every day people get into the crypto world. Today they are one of the biggest exchanges that offer crypto to retail investors. Binance.com is open for most countries; if you are from the United States, you will have to register on their sister site Binance.us since they banned American citizens using the leading site.
How to signup?
To get started with Binance, all you need is an account. The process is straightforward and takes about 5 minutes. Below you can follow the steps to register, secure your account, and then fund it with some crypto.
Sign up on Binance
First, you need your account. It only takes 2-3 minutes.
- Head over to Binance.com and fill in your email and password
- Once you signed up, you have to verify your email to be able to login
- Now that your account is verified, you are a Binance member!
Secure your account
Now that you logged in to Binance, we suggest that you set-up some security for your account. Two-factor authentication is always recommended, so that is what we are going to enable now.
- Up in the right-hand corner, you have a user icon. Click on that to visit your profile
- Now, to the left in the menu, you will find Security.
- We have 4 different options, SMS, Email, Google Authenticator, or a Security Key. Choose the one that suits you
- Congratulations, your account is now secure, and you are good to deposit some funds.
Fund you account
With the account and the 2FA setup, we are good to go. You have two different options here, if you already have some crypto that you want to transfer you can do that. Otherwise, if you are new to the market and looking to get your first crypto you can buy it with a Credit card, Bank transfer, and some other options.